4. The effective braking cycle on most internal engine compression brakes fitted to hydromechanical engines is actuated by using which of the following?
6. Technician “A” states that on most internal engine compression brakes, the effective braking stroke of the piston is the compression stroke. Technician B states that on some engine brake systems, both the compression and exhaust strokes can deliver retarding force. Who is correct?
Both A & B
8. The energy of the vehicle motion is to what energy form when an engine compression brake is used?
Tech B only
11. Which of the following engine brakes offers progressive step braking using from one to all six cylinders
A. Cummins Intebrake on pre 2010 ISX
12. Which vehicle technology enables nonengine controllers to request engine braking cycles?
13. Technician A says that it is permissible to reuse and exhaust manifold gasket if it less than 1 year old and not cracked with a light coat of grease. Technician B says it may be necessary to re-torque exhaust manifold bolts after initial warm-up and cool-down. Who is right?
Both A and B
17. Particulate matter consists of solid particles of carbon, unburned hydrocarbons and dirt from sandy roads.
18. Technician A says that the exhaust ports in the engine and the passages in the exhaust manifold are large to allow free flow and expansion of the escaping gases. Technician B says that ports and passage are rather narrow to promote the fast movement of exhaust gas needed to turn the turbocharger turbine. Who is right?